Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Whitewater Rafting Center!!

      Charlotte is home to many park and rec attractions. Today I went to a very well known park/rec attraction, The U.S National Whitewater Rafting Center. This place is the training ground for the National Whitewater Rafting team, but they are also open to the public. They sell season and day passes, there are a variety day passes you can get and the one you chose determines the certain activities you get to do.
      There are so many activities you can do there, starting with the Mega Zip: The Mega Zip is a 1,123 ft (approximately 374 yards) zip line the flies you right over the whitewater rapids. It was so much fun (in the beginning it was a little scary). When I was almost the the ending platform I didn't have enough momentum to actually get to the platform so was stopped almost right over the water!! Then a man came and had me hold onto a rope and he pulled me to the platform :).

Just about to take off!!

We were really high!

Coming up(ish) to the ending platform.


      Next activity that I did was the Mega Jump, which is where you step off a 46 ft tall tower pretty much free-falling to the ground. You are harnessed in though. It wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be 'cause you don't actually jump off, but it was still fun. 

About to "jump" off!

"Free-falling"

When I got down from the Mega "Jump" we started heading all the way to the other side of the park where we did the Adventure Course: Where you walk from platform to platform walking pretty much on all ropes 20 feet up in the trees. In that area we also did the Climb 2 Zip: Where I climbed up to a 32 feet into the air on a cargo net to a platform where I took a 100 ft zip line down to the bottom. The Adventure Course was really fun, my foot slipped a couple of times as I was walking across the cable but thankfully I didn't ever fall. On the Climb 2 Zip, while I was climbing up the cargo net I got my foot caught in the netting like three times but it was easy to get it out so I kept climbing. When i got to the top...... actually I can show what happened when i got to the top!!

Almost there!!



Here are some pics of me on the Adventure Course!! 

Getting harnessed in. 

About to lose my balance!!

Hey!!

Almost to the next platform



Walking across a very thin cable 


More to come about my trip soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment